20 Jun Advice for patients planning to travel
When your patients mention travel plans to you, take the opportunity to discuss coping mechanisms for overactive bladder.
Bladder Training Exercises
- Practice timed voiding.
- Strengthen pelvic muscles with Kegels.
- Bladder relaxants by prescription.
- Bring enough absorbent products – or –
- HDIS can deliver to patients’ vacation destinations, with FREE Shipping to 48 states. Patients may call 1-877-2MY-HOME® (1-877-269-4663).
Choosing Food & Drinks
- Coffee and other caffeinated drinks, alcohol, carbonated beverages, artificial sweeteners, and spicy or acidic foods are often bladder triggers.
- Don’t skimp on water; beware of dehydration.
More details on the previous points can be found at: http://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/features/traveling-with-oab